Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Clique.......

Only from watching movies have I ever thought that cliques actually existed, but in reality they actually do, just not to the same extreme and scale as you may see in the movies. My main issue was that the majority of the time it was a group of female students who decided that gym class was a time for them to catch up on any latest social issues, gossip, and maybe some fashion tips thrown in there too. As a teacher I wouldn’t be able to stand by and let this happen. I felt that allow this behavior to happen, did nothing but strengthen and reinforce their negative behaviors. It was not a good message to be sending out to younger grades who may have been sharing the gym space, or playing field.

As an educator I will undoubtedly encounter apathy, but I will hopefully equip myself with the right means and methods in combating negative behaviors. Throughout my time coaching soccer, I have seen many ways in which students try to get out of doing work, and hopefully with that, I have also built up a good repertoire of skills/methods to stop them from affecting my teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment